Wii Love Games

Even though I don’t spend a lot of time playing video games, I do play to a lot of different games, mostly on consoles (I keep a PC mostly to play to adventures games like the new Sam and Max series.)

I currently own a Wii, an XBox 360 and a Nintendo DS. I’m running out of interesting games, having just finished Zelda on the Wii, and I’d like your advice. What games do you like on those systems? Which ones should I try? I know I want to play to Hotel Dusk on the Nintendo DS but other than that, I don’t have much inspiration.

Today, I picked up Excite Truck for the Wii and it’s a very fun game. At least if you like crazy racing games.

18 Responses to “Wii Love Games”

1. manuel says:

hum, the DS plays gameboy advanced games, isn’t it?
    give zelda “the minish cap” a try. not as difficult as the older one (just cant remember the name), but there are a lot of nice ideas in the gameplay.

i’m still not sure to buy a wii… whats your expirience? is it worth of it?

2. aefimov says:

Waw! You too! :)
    I also got Wii recently, but i’m read your blog a long time before (since you have start looking on IntelliJ IDEA) :))

manuel: The Wii is definitely worth it. Actually most of the people I know who bought it never had a console before. It’s just a lot of fun.

4. Bob Lee says:

I was just going to suggest Excite Truck. I know it’s $20 for a chunk of plastic, by the steering wheel chassis does make it more fun.

I hesitated to buy the wheel chassis with the game but I wanted to play a bit with just the wiimote before. I’ll probably follow your advice then ;-)

6. Rayman Raving Rabids for the Wii!

That is a very fun game. It will make you laugh, guaranteed. Also good for parties.

I already have that one, and it’s indeed really good to play this game with a bunch of friends.

8. Jo says:

If you like survival horror, Condemned on the 360 is rather good considering it was a launch title. I picked up the platinium version and really enjoyed it.

Viva pinata is a great game, it only looks a bit childish if a grown up is playing it… but who cares.

And if you have Xbox live gold you must own Gears of War. It the most fun game online on the xbox to play with some friends.

On the Wii i only have Zelda and Red steel. Not that happy about red steel. After playing for an half hour my arm hurts from the constant aiming using the Wiimote.

I already own Gears of War. I bought an Xbox 360 for that game ;-) I’ll give Viva Piñata a try, I was very curious about that game.

I am also not happy about Red Steel. I don’t mind aiming at the screen but the game itself is just not that good. It’s not really bad either, but it’s very, very repetitive.

10. Jo says:

What’s your gamer tag =)

Unfortunately I don’t play on the Xbox Live :) I had an account on the Xbox but I never used it so I cancelled it.

12. manuel says:

romain: just bought a wii last friday ;-) it was the last one in the shop (like a sign from above ;-) )
    its really a cool device! it makes really fun to play the “sports” games together with some friends

13. Jo says:

You have Gears of War and DON’T play it online! Blasphemy!
    The online part is the best of the game. It beats the hell out of the single player. Just find yourself some friends and do player matches with them. Ranked matches are boring most of the time since no-one talks and plays on his own. But count me in for a player match with some friends any time. Forget viva pinata and get GOLD back. :-)

I started out with 3 people in my friends list. Now it has about 50 people that live near me most of them even speak Dutch.

Join the xbox live community (again).

Jo: I far prefer playing multiplayer games with the other players in the same room :)

15. Jo says:

But you can’t play Gears with 8 players on one screen :-)

16. james says:

I usually dont post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, amazing work.. beautiful

17. franzii says:

you sure have lots of games XD

18. Aubrey Knoch says:

Whats up everyone, love the blog. I have a couple of questions that I could use some advice on. I love playing xbox 360 online but as anyone who plays online quickly realizes xbox live cards can add up pretty fast for a teen still living at home. I was wondering what what some of the dangers of employing a xbox live code generator are. I would like to talk about the legal and moral implications that could possibly come up. I’m aware that my live account can be cancelled but what else might happen? Thanks for reading and cant wait to see the debates on my dilema.