New Cross-Platform Look and Feel for Swing

Ben Galbraith, who set up Desktop Matters (the conference I’m supposed to be at right now except I’m not) just posted a blog about a new Swing look and feel I have to be involved with, even though I have yet to start contributing ;-)

Ben promises updates and slides throughout the day, so keep an eye on his blog to hopefully get a glimpse of this new look and feel, dubbed Nimbus (Solaris users might have an idea on how it looks.)

7 Responses to “New Cross-Platform Look and Feel for Swing”

1. JPuppy says:

Awesome! I can’t wait to see the new LaF in action.

Quoting an infoworld article:

A 1.0 beta release of Nimbus is planned for the JavaOne conference, being held in San Francisco beginning May 8. Nimbus may be included in the planned Java 7 release with Java 5 to provide baseline accommodations.

But I’m sure you already knew that =)

Yes I knew that :)

3. Wolfgang says:

I’m really curious about it.
    We’ve also released a new Synthetica Look and Feel Theme this week – called SyntheticaMauveMetallic (

Wolfgang, I’ve seen it and it’s pretty cool. I’m not fond of the color scheme but the blur is really really cool. My favorites remain BlackMoon and GreenDream. By the way, I wish I could crank out Synth themes as fast as you do :-)

5. Wolfgang says:

Because about 50% of population is female I’ve decided it’s time to contribute them a very special color scheme. You know International Women’s Day ;-).
    BTW: What main color would you like to see with the next upcoming theme. I’m currently looking for inspirations…

6. Ismael Juma says:

This is good news. :) Looks promising for a default theme, not too flashy and nice to look at.

It seems like is not accessible to normal users. Are there plans to change this before the beta release?

Ismael, the web site will be accessible when there will be something to show. I guess this will happen for the beta.