UI Source Code

As promised in my previous entry, you can download the source code of the UI I showed earlier. Please note that the icons and textures come from other applications (namely Transmit and Transmission) and it’s up to you to make sure you can use them in your apps. I do not hold the copyright for these images and they are used here as an example of how to create such a UI.

8 Responses to “UI Source Code”

1. Bruce Boughton says:

Very disappointed to find out that that slider controls image quality not zoom. Whoever chose the icons for the slider needs to be shot :P!

What do you mean by “not zoom?” The specs explain it does change the resolution of the displayed picture but that wasn’t implemented.

3. Hi,

Thanks for the source code, I’ll take a look at it, I’m interested in the tabbed pane ui :)

Have a nice day & keep up the good work ^^

4. cupofjoe says:

This looks nice. The photo of the beach with the diffused sun and clouds looks great. ;-)

The GUI has an excellent style but isn’t it missing a few things?

No tooltips. No status bar. No help about to tell me JVM resource issues. No Nmenoic characters. No menu. No hot keys.

If my mouse breaks I’m in big trouble with this GUI. ;-)

You get paid by Logitech to write this demo? :-D

As I said in a previous post, this was just a school assignment. We had other priorities than adding menus. As for JVM resource issues??

6. Lukman says:

This is a good work. I love the GUI and i cant wait to study your source code.

7. Tristan Seifert says:

I’m really curious on the VNC code… can you send it to me? I don’t care if it is buggy or so, just to learn from the code.

My email:

dont_write_this_seiferttristan gmail

and don’t forget to add .com at the end.

8. Very informative blog article.Really thank you! Cool.