Adobe Customer Service

I am trying to purchase a license of Adobe Creative Suite 3, and more specifically Adobe Photoshop 3. Because I am still a student, I am technically entitled to purchase an education license of various Adobe products.

As usual, and that’s perfectly normal, there are certain restrictions to this. My problem is the following: I am a student in a French university but I am currently in the US for a few months. As such, I would like to purchase Adobe products on the US education store rather than on the French one. Unfortunately, the web site does not provide clear information, at least to me, as whether this would be possible or not. That’s why I tried to contact Adobe customer service.

My journey started by calling the customer service on the phone. After waiting for about 15 minutes, I just hung up. That’s the first time I actually wished there was a robot voice telling me something along the lines of “your call is important to us, please hold until we can take care of you.” I then used to form on the web site itself. After three business days (don’t promise a reply in 24 hours guys ;-) I got a nice but useless generic email telling me to call the number I already tried. This lead me to the third option, the direct chat. A nice and polite guy acted as if he was trying to help me but all he could tell me was to visit the web site, which I already did, thank you. After several useless questions and long pauses, surely to make me think he was actually looking for an answer, he just told me to call the customer service on the phone.

I called again. Waited for 10 minutes. Hung up. I called back, this time choosing another option (“Purchase Adobe products”). This time someone actually answered after 5 minutes! He was really polite too. But in less than 30 seconds he told me to call the number again and choose the option that already led me to death by elevator music twice. Hung up. Called back. Waited for 10 minutes. Hung up. Cursed in French. Opened my trial version of Photoshop CS3 to process some personal photos.

I guess I should just try to order the product and see how Adobe reacts when I fax them a French student ID. I know that the money I would spend on their product is insignificant for such a large company and that I am only one, non-business user. But still, I wish it was easier.

And if they don’t let me purchase an education license? I’ll just buy a regular license; their stuff is too good.

13 Responses to “Adobe Customer Service”

1. Bjoern says:

Support lines are like that most of the time…

But I’ve got one question for you: you’ve got a Photoshop CS3 TRIAL version? Can you point me to where you got that – it’s not available on the website…

It’s really unfortunate that Adobe is not keeping the CS3 beta active for longer, since it would be nice to have a bit of time to migrate to the final version or at least give users the time to order the final version – right now you can only preorder from Adobe Germany, but the Beta already ceased to work…!

Cheers and good luck, I’d just order the student version and fax them the french student id…

2. t800t8 says:

It makes me to remember the time I tried to buy a phone number from Skype. After one month I have nothing.

3. John says:

This is exactly why pirating is an option for more people than just pirates. In 10 minutes you would be able to find a crack or valid serial. End of the hassle. I wish they would make things easier.

4. Sebastian says:

Well, you could order an international student id card at your university in France.

5. Oren says:

I tried calling my ISP’s support line a couple of weeks ago and every time I would get a “all lines are busy please call later” response no matter which time of the day I called. I than found a nice trick: I would call, get the usual response and than immediately hang up and call again. For some odd reason they answered almost immediately after the second call.

Bjoern: I installed it from a friend’s CS and did not enter any serial number. You go into trial mode at that point.

7. Adam says:

I say if they don’t like your French student id and want you to purchase a full license change to Corel or PaintShop Pro. These two items can do the same thing as PhotoShop as well as open PhotoShop psd files and they are much cheaper than Adobe’s products.

8. J’ai eu droit à une histoire similaire récemment avec mon ISP, c’est à s’en arracher les cheveux parfois :D

Courage dans ton combat avec le service client d’adobe :)

9. Eric says:

Ughh, no kidding, I just went through 40 minute customer service attempt #2 to apply for my upgrade. Then I googled it and got to sales within 2 minutes. Go figure! It’s like they want to sell things or something…

10. Eric says:

(FYI, Dell’s even worse!)

11. Adam says:

If u want more information abt adobe student product go to adobe web site and on the right hand side u will get an option “Search for” type 25f26dd and u will get all info abt edu product.

12. James says:

I called customer service 3 times and was amazed by all the crap I’ve been though. BTW, has any one notice that these guys can speak English but can’t understand it. WTF!

13. This is the first time I commented here and I must say you give genuine, and quality information for other bloggers! Great job.
    p.s. You have a very good template . Where did you find it?