Our Book Is Available! (Rought Cut)

Filthy Rich Clients, the book, is finally available as a rough cut on Safari. This is not the final version of the book but little will change. We are only taking care of the layout and last typos. The content will not change. This version is available online and can be bought with the printed version that you will received as soon as it’s printed.

8 Responses to “Our Book Is Available! (Rought Cut)”

1. Vince says:

Congratulations Romain,

I ordered a copy on Amazon UK, a couple of months ago. I look forward to seeing what I’ll be getting.

2. Vince says:

It might be worth noting that potential readers will see little detail in the book unless they sign up (including credit crad details) to O’Reilly’s on-line book mechanism. There is then a free trial period of ten days or fifty page views before the paid subscription (>$400pa) kicks in.

PS. Correct me if I have the details wrong.

3. GB says:

Actually, Safari’s subscription can as low as $23.49 (inclusive of VAT) per month! and the service is great, we all the new books accessible and you can search into the books as well! I have been using it for about a year now with great benefit!!!

4. i’ll be ordering one too. but i need to buy an aramex or TNT mailBox First to deliver it to Cairo,Egypt (that would take weeeks to do :( ).

5. Shai Almog says:

Reading it right now, do you want comments if people spot things?
    I already noticed that some of the earlier chapters don’t dispose graphics from images (this might be on purpose for simplicity or no longer recommended? I did notice you explained Graphics.dispose() later).
    Also in “Combining Matrix Operations” footnote 11 is: “We’re assuming you bought to book to see…” where you probably meant:
    “We’re assuming you bought the book in order to see…”

BTW loved the explanation of basic matrix math, this is one of the hardest things for me to explain to people and this is an excellent reference for such cases.

6. JPuppy says:

Awesome, I’m looking forward to ordering it when it comes out in its final form!

7. Chet Haase says:

Thanks for the nice comments. Feel free to send errata, although I wouldn’t spend a lot of time chasing them down, as the book has gone through a serious copy-editing phase since the text in the rough cut. (For example, the error you caught in the footnote was caught and fixed recently).
    I’m sure there will still be issues (the only book with no errors is the one with no words). But hopefully the more obvious issues have been fixed by now.

Vince et al:
    I don’t know anything about subscribing to Safari, but it looks from the site like you can buy the rough cut, book, or bundle deal as a standalone purchase.

8. Sylvain says:

did you plan a french version ?