JavaOne Slides Available

The JavaOne slides for the Desktop track are available. You can take a look at those from my sessions, Filthy Rich Clients (TS-3165) and Extreme GUI Makeover (TS-3548) right now :)

18 Responses to “JavaOne Slides Available”

1. Daniel says:

Hey Romain,

Will you make public the app and/or the source code from this year’s Extreme GUI Makeover?

2. Daniel says:

Cool. Also, I have another couple of questions:
    1. Isn’t there a video recording of the sessions for the ones that couldn’t get there? (like on google videos)
    2. I have seen some cool components in last years makeover app. Any chance that they’ll make it in SwingX?

As usual, the audio tracks will be published on the JavaOne web site. What components would you like? Since the code is available, you could integrate them in SwingX if you want.

4. Daniel says:

He he, I was kinda expecting this “do it yourself” answer. Yes, I agree that the source code is available, both from GUI makeover sessions and from SwingX. But I was talking about widening the range of ready to use components, rather that making yourself new ones. Don’t get me wrong, I love the SwingX project, and the fact that it provides you with the “tools” to make yourself cool components, but I would love to see more components in the library. Anyway, I don’t want to turn this comments section into a forum. For now I have only used SwingX. In the future, I’ll try to see how can I contribute in expanding it.

Thanks again, and keep up the cool makeovers ;).

Best regards,

I totally understand your position and I agree with you. Yet, there is so much that I, and the other guys, can do during our spare time ;-)

6. Daniel says:

Touche. Very good point there.

P.S. I have visited your site for a while now, but this is the first time that I’ve noticed the small smiley in the bottom-left corner. Nice :).

7. Daniel says:

Right bellow the “Copyright” bar.

There’s no smiley there Oo

9. Daniel says:

Hmm, strange. I’ve wrote you an email on with a screen capture attached. Here’s the link of the smiley from your webpage.

Ahhh I know what it is. It’s used to gather stats about the visitors, this is a new feature from It does not appear on my browsers because I’m logged as the admin and it does not gather stats from my visits :)

11. JM says:

Where can I get the source code or binaries of your Extreme GUI Makeover?

I couldn’t be there and I’d like to see it in action.

Thanks in advance!

As said in a previous comment: asap.

13. Aksel Schmidt says:

Did the source code ever become available?

thanks :)

14. Kris Senden says:

I was wondering where I could get the sourcecode of the demo that was given on Extreme GUI Makeover track at Javapolis 2007?

15. SG says:

this all looks really great, but what happened to the source code? Is it available?

16. Simon says: