A New Blog

Chet Haase, a good friend and fellow co-author, just opened his new blog. I won’t spoil you the surprise but you might be interested to know what Chet is up to nowadays :)

20 Responses to “A New Blog”

1. remy says:

je suis un peu deg, j’avoue :)

2. JPuppy says:

Holy crap! Talk about jumping ship!

3. Fiath says:

I’m shocked. Really, shocked!

4. daniel says:

So Romain, what’s next? Are you thinking on joining Microsoft’s Silverlight team? :)

I’m perfectly happy on the Android team :) But I have to admit Adobe is the kind of company I would love to work for.

6. shao says:

So, Swing died already?

Swing is very much alive and kicking. The recent improvements from the Swing team are here to prove it: scenegraph, effects library, new HW accelerated pipeline, continued efforts on databindings and app framework, etc.

8. Brandon says:

So now between the two guys who wrote the definitive guide for rich UI development in Java, neither work for Sun? I hope this does not prevent a good JavaOne TS or hinder the forward development of the work being done by SwingLabs!

We’re still doing a Filthy Rich Clients TS at JavaOne :)

10. Augusto says:

And what a session that would be! Pretty much, hey you can do all this cool stuff but … we don’t really use it! :-)

11. Pop says:

I do hope Swing doesn’t rely on 2 guys (haha, what a sense of humor….yes I know the way out).
    Even if Romain and Chet kick asses, it’s a bit mean for the rest of the Swing team to think that Swing is dead because they’re doing great things elsewhere. Don’t you think so?

Romain, Chet, if ever you’re thinking about writing “Filthy Rich Client with Flex”, I’m already ordering one. :-)

12. Kishore says:

I am shocked. I am working on a Java Animation Demo, which is based on SceneGraph, somehow feeling demoralized. very unpleasant news :(

13. JPuppy says:

Interesting points…maybe I should start learning this newfangled Java EE stuff I keep hearing about?

14. It’s a shame, those sites where you are enforced to read unreadable white text on black background. I simply stop reading since the first line…

15. Chet Haase says:

Francois: Apologies for the supercool but unreadable color scheme. I wanted the look to be different from my humor blog, but chose unwisely. Try the blog again and see if it hurts less.

16. Oh yes, sssplendid !
    And I jump on the event to say that I just bought a copy of the Filthy Rich Clients ;D
    Thanks Chet.

17. Augusto says:

Ironically, my User Experience/UI professor at the University told us that the more natural way to read text in a computer is bright font with a dark background (white text on black). We just use black text on white because of paper, according to him. :-)

18. Dallas says:

O, it is excellent to have a giant’s strength; but it is tyrannous to use it like a giant.

19. Bring it on if you want FULLTIME positions in Flex Dev and/or Design in San Diego, Huntington Beach, Del Mar, or Burbank, Los Angeles….ALL FULLTIME GIGS AND GENEROUSLY PAYING FOR REFERRALS…..
    send resumes to kristan@jivaroinc.com

20. Hi, I came across this blog article while looking for help with Microsoft Silverlight. I’ve recently changed internet browser from Chrome to Firefox 3.2. Now I seem to have a issue with loading sites that have Microsoft Silverlight. Everytime I go on a website that requires Microsoft Silverlight, my computer freezes and I get a “npctrl.dll” error. I can’t seem to find out how to fix the problem. Any help getting Microsoft Silverlight to function is greatly appreciated! Thanks